Information, Collected, Used and Shared by Very Private Network, Inc.
Regardless of what country you reside in or provide information to Us from, you authorize Very Private Network to use your information as described herein in the United States and all other countries where Very Private Network operates or is available.
VPN 4U retains your information in accordance with legitimate business purposes for processing the information. Hereafter the data is removed, archived for restricted legitimate interests, or anonymized. Non-identifying information may be kept without time and use limitations.
What do we collect?
- Information you provide, such as your name and/or account name, email, password, age, and gender.
- Information about how you access Our Products and Services, such as IP address, advertising identifier, device identifier, device make and model, device settings, operating system, type of connection, carrier information, applications on your device, and browser information.
- Information about your use of Our Products and Services, such as logs of messages and calls sent and received, what you clicked on, what you viewed, and session duration.
- Your location, if you have authorized access to your device’s location services. Please note that even if you have not authorized access to your device’s location services, we will be able to infer your location via the IP address used to connect to our Products and Services.
What is this information used for?
- We use this information to provide you with, and to improve upon, the Products and Services.
- We may use this information to carry out actions as instructed by you via your use of the Products and Services, such as the association of a photograph to your account, or sharing your location with your contacts.
- We may contact you with information about Our Products and Services, or to contact you as otherwise necessary, including if there has been a data breach.
- We may use this information to measure, analyze, and improve upon Our marketing efforts.
- We may share this information with third parties, or this information may be collected directly by third parties through integration of their technologies into the Products and Services, each as described herein.
- We may share certain aggregated information with third parties, which cannot be used to identify you individually.
- We may share this information in order to respond to law enforcement requests or when legally required to do so.
- We may share this information to verify or enforce compliance with user agreements and applicable laws, to protect against fraud, to detect and prevent security or technical issues, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of Our Products and Services, or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Very Private Network, its subscribers, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- VPN 4U may disclose or use some of your information if you join a “group” and your prior express consent may be obtained through and conveyed by an intermediary, such as the organizer of a group using Very Private Network’s Products and Services. To the extent that Very Private Network sends administrative texts to any group members relating to using and canceling Very Private Network’s group texting service, they are to be considered normal business communications under applicable law. SEE VERY PRIVATE NETWORK’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO WHICH YOU ARE BOUND IF YOU USE, SUBSCRIBE TO, OR PURCHASE VPN 4U's PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
- In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, dissolution, reorganization, assignment, bankruptcy or any transfer of assets, IP rights, or any marketable right owned by Very Private Network, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction.